People Who Have Checked Out This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Costume College Recap!

New Hotel the Marriott Warner Center,

What I loved about the Hotel:
Room 17 Floors!
Space- More Rooms set up for classes!
6 working elevators
Restrurant- Very tasty if expensive
Customer Service- Everyone was on the ball, and professional

What I did not like:

If you were paying for your hotel room with a debit card they charged your entire time plus $200.00 for incedentals!!!

You had to have all of the names of the people who were rooming with you at check in or you would be held responsible for all charges!! Gulp! So this was my first time having roomies I had never met, so I learned a lesson! But it was easy to fix once I get the information!!!

The tables in the rooms are sized for lecture writing space, not for cutting tables or even sewing tables, this posed issues for workshops, plus those of us who were in workshops got really tiny rooms, so this is something that needs to change for next year. I have done this workshop 4 times now, in 2 hours everyone has their peices cut out and pinned and those who will not be embroidering could begin to sew, typically in 4 hours from beginning of class most of the Smock is done, instead we had to share space by combining 2 tabels for cutting and well we got some of the smocks cut out....it was a little dissappointing.


My class on Renaissance Fabrics was up against another Renaissance Workshop so I did not have the amount of people I usually have, however, they were a fun bunch!

This year was the theme of Steampunk, which I have wanted a reason to begin to collect for this, while I never really thought of Victorian as a time period for me, the fantasy of Steampunk has caught my imagination. Of course the hubby wants an outfit as well!! LOL so we shall probably be looking dapper at WonderCon next year in April.

I am hoping to be able to decorate for the Time Traveler's Tea next year. I put in a proposal but I have not heard as of yet....

Cilean

No comments: