People Who Have Checked Out This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

October Crown~ EFG~Gabardine Inspiration



Day tripped to October Crown for the West Kingdom, and Duke Uther won, he looked very good too, we almost had Duke Conor, it was a tie breaking fight!  So it is now October, we have had some very hot weather for September but it was awesomely fabulous!  We said hello to our new Baron/ess, and we bid adieux to our older ones, and witnessed them becoming Baorn/ess in thier own rights!  They desearve it they are very nice people.


This has lead me to **again** think on Gabardines, the lady in the front of the procession here has one a warm coat, I think this is called a Gabardine, and covers her gown.  You will also notice the gown does not fall to the floor but sweeps just at her shoe level.  The other lady's gown does not sweep the floor either.  Robin Netherton, feels that the sensibility of our gowns going to the floor always might be an extraplation from the Victorian Historians.

 But these gowns are English Fitted Gowns right?  I hope so, but the first lady and this one in the middle my comments, I can see the fur on the interior of the cover coat and it does not seem as form fitting as EDGs I see.  Look at the gentelwoman servant on the right bottom.  Her gown is form fitting.  So too are the ones in the middle drawing and the lady to the right gown in the first drawing.



So am I correct? I have no idea! But I am going to work on a Gabardine, currently I have 7 yards of a darker black/green wool. I could line that in fleece or a medium linen, because of my over-heating issues I do not wish to attempt a fur lining.

Progress Hath Been Made!
I have done 85% of the mock-up EFG-Orange Kirtle, It has cost me all of $25.00! It came together pretty quickly. 

Still To Do:
Wednesday I need to work on finishing that piece so I can work on making a Toile for the gown. I need to pick up some more muslin....sigh.    Friday will see me  beginning to work on the  Toile for the Gown, Since I am using the Tudor Tailor Pattern and this will be my first I am going to take my time and play with it. 





No comments: