Thursday, December 15, 2011
Several years ago I found a great sale on some biege fabric, it had a 15th-16th Century motif, and I got 4 yards by 55" for $5.00 per yard. So I decided to create an Elizabethan (of course!) Kirtle from this and cut out the sleeves and bodice to do the embroidery. A year later, after we moved and I found this project again...I then noticed I did not have enough fabric to do the back of this kirtle, I had only 1 panel of 52" by 55", I am tall so I need 48" long and need at least an extra 1 1/2 yards to look full. So go back to the fabric store, they don't know what I am speaking about.... So I finished the pearling and embroidery on the bodice and the sleeves....I thought about using the. Put Kirtle in the closet in pieces and curse the day I ever thought I could do this... Enter eBay, and someone had 38" by 55" and I purchased it for $12.00 plus shipping! I can add the needed 10" to the top of the piece coming in so that is will be 48" by 55" so I can have 110" to gather into the bodice and create a lovely Kirtle. I am so excited!! Perhaps I can get it done for January's Investiture! So excited!
Saturday, December 10, 2011
In Need of Completion For 12th Night Before I can even get to the Gown!!!
Payre of Bodyes in Violet Linen
I will be working on this piece. I hope to get it done enough to make the lacing holes.
I will take pictures of this soon!
Farthingale in Violet Linen
Farthingale Channels sewn in
Attaching to the Payre of Bodyes
Pictures to Come
Petticoat in Silke
I have one cut out, I just need to take the time to sew the darn thing together.
Kyrtle in White Damask
I have the fabric 8 yards and the trim.
Gown in Black Damask
I have the fabric but I have not yet begun Sigh