People Who Have Checked Out This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fabric Regret Do As I Say, Not As I Do!

Several years ago I found a great sale on some biege fabric, it had a 15th-16th Century motif, and I got 4 yards by 55" for $5.00 per yard. So I decided to create an Elizabethan (of course!) Kirtle from this and cut out the sleeves and bodice to do the embroidery.  A year later, after we moved and I found this project again...I then noticed I did not have enough fabric to do the back of this kirtle, I had only 1 panel of 52" by 55", I am tall so I need  48" long and need at least an extra 1 1/2 yards to look full.  So go back to the fabric store, they don't know what I am speaking about....  So I finished the pearling and embroidery on the bodice and the sleeves....I thought about using the. Put Kirtle in the closet in pieces and curse the day I ever thought I could do this... Enter eBay, and someone had 38" by 55" and I purchased it for $12.00 plus shipping! I can add the needed 10" to the top of the piece coming in so that is will be 48" by 55" so I can have 110" to gather into the bodice and create a lovely Kirtle.  I am so excited!! Perhaps I can get it done for January's Investiture!  So excited!

No comments: