People Who Have Checked Out This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Estrella~Spanish Gown in Purple Wool

Monday was so fun, I went to Gianetta's home picked her up and we then HAD to go to Fabrics R Us, but?? there was nothing I really wanted there, but hook and eye tape. This is the time I cherish my stash! I know people think I have too much (Well my husband), however?? There are not a lot of damasks right now that fit the vibe I like to sew with. I admit I am becoming a snob needing to have authentic type fabrics, I live for some good taffeta and I enjoy finding really expensive fabrics at a good price. So right now I am shopping at home, and I am pretty happy with what I find there! LOL


Anyway, Gianetta got the doublet sorted out and I recut the lining to match the new version 3.1. I have a secret! I don't know how to use hook and eye tape! So I am off Wednesday and I plan on getting all of the doublet done. I don't care if I have to work until midnight, I will get the pecidils and dagging, and collar.

Things to be done Wednesday:

Doublet
#1. Cut out wool pieces.
#2. Baste the wool to the blue lining.
#3. Pin pieces together and sew.
#4. Sew trim onto doublet body.
#5. Add collar, sew on.
#6. Sew together Linen lining.
#7. Finish creating picadils, by adding
#8. Create dags for the bottom of Doublet
#9. Attach dags
#10. Add lining to doublet.

Skirt
#1. French Seam pieces together.
#2. Add waist
#3. Add closure
#4. Hang until Monday.

Interior Sleeves
#1. Cut Dupioni
#2. Cut lining
#3 Sew together
#4. Add trim

I need this project to be done by Friday February 11. I need to finish all but the adding of the hook and eye tape so I can get some help in doing this.

Note:
There are several really good sites if you want to hand sew your clothing, I have carpal tonal and while I can do some handsewing? Dealing with the pain, is something I try to avoid.

www.extremecostuming.com The Attack Laurel, has some wonderful information on how to create really sturdy and effective seams.

www.renaissancetailor.com Has some awesome help in making machine seams mimic hand sewing. I am using the "French Seam" example for my skirt on this project. Since I am mixing linen and wool I thought this might be the strongest seam for both.
This means I am using Renaissance Tailor's way

No comments: