People Who Have Checked Out This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Faire Gown

So I can only hope I can work this out and have it done in 2 weeks. I am using patterns I already have so it should not be too difficult, just sitting and cutting and sewing, which always takes the longest!!! I went to Thai Silks, Gods! The SCA has had a discount with them for many years....many many.... and every time I go to the shop....I have to fight for the discount. I know times are tough but I sometimes spend $200.00 with them and still I have to prove that I know what I am saying is the truth. SIGH

So I picked up 2 yards of Silk Taffeta shot gold and blue, I am going to use the trim on that and pink the sleeves. I should have enough for a pill box hat, I am going to machine embroider a Fleur de lys on the too of the hat (my signature). The fabrics are very dark blue and not black but they are deep. I have some duck canvas I am going to build the forepart with. I have cut this out for the forepart it is 50 inches long and 36 inches wide at the bottom and tapers up to 12 inches at the top. I will see if I have enough of the trim to go a crisscross on the fore part and then I am going to do a stripe with the pinking on the sleeves.

Sunday~
Sleeves- Cut out and add trim
Forepart Cut out and add trim

Monday~
Work on skirt
I am going to use some linen I have on hand to line the skirt, and I am going to pad the skirt's cartridge pleats so that it will look fuller.

Friday~
I need to work on getting someone to refit by bodice block as I have lost a bit of weight and so I need to tweak the bodice just a bit. I want someone to help me really make sure my shoulders are fitting proplerly no matter how many times I ask my Mom, she will not fit the dratted thing like a 2nd skin....SIGH I will ask about and see if anyone can drop by and help me out.

Saturday~
Build the Bodice and begin on Lacing Holes.
Add Lacing rings to tie my sleeves on with
Work on hat

Not saying any of these will happen, but I am hoping by putting out the list I shall feel compelled to finish any of these on the days.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: